The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working in technology in a business development or product management capacity. The role is responsible for developing strategic partnerships with leading and emerging technology based companies.
- Responsible for developing and securing outside partnerships with leading and emerging technology companies to grow revenue and expand business offerings.
- Work with sales, product development, and senior leaders across companies to determine partnership structure, development, and joint product offering.
- Create strategies in coordination with sales and management teams, to identify potential partnership opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic technology partners.
- Understand company’s products and services and create business plans that will grow market share in conjunction with strategic partners.
- Realize synergies between company and strategic partners, which will result in added-value to customers.
- Develop pipeline of sales opportunities and leads through strategic partner relationships.
Qualifications and Skills
- 8+ years of professional work experience in a business development and/or product management role
- 5+ years of consultative sales and/or product management experience with a technology company
- BA/BS required
- Knowledge of and experience within the “Internet of Things” and/or “Smart Cities” industries
- Extensive experience formulating a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
- Extensive industry contacts and ability to navigate technology landscape
- Proven experience starting from scratch to develop, negotiate and structuring complex deals
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on the world
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, product managers and engineers
- Can handle multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter
- Creative, critical and solution-first thinker with solution architect mentality
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Sharp strategic acumen and ability to manage ambiguity
Preferred experience with following
- 911 Equipment and Systems
- Voice Network Technologies (including VoIP)
- IP-Based Communications
- IoT Technologies